How To Get Rid of Bad BreathAug 10 2020
What causes that stinky smell of hot breath? Delta Dental explains it as such: “The odor is caused by wastes from bacteria in the mouth, the decay of food particles, other debris in your mouth and poor oral hygiene. The decay and debris produce a sulfur compound responsible for the unpleasant odor.” So what you eat and not doing enough cleaning up afterwards are the main culprits. So let’s talk tips and ways to fight this stink bomb of a problem. Here are just a few of many ways to get rid of bad breath:
- Start with brushing regularly. If you are brushing 2-3 times a day for at least 2 minutes, you are cleaning the teeth from food particles.
- Make sure you get that tongue of yours! A lot of residue can get between your taste buds and stick when you don’t want it to.
- Flossing goes hand in hand with these two reasons. Food particles easily get stuck in between our teeth and if you don’t floss, they stay there, collecting, and getting smellier the longer they sit there.
- Quit smoking and/or using tobacco. We all know that these two practices are bad for our health in many ways. Smoking leaves an unpleasant smell that is heard to get rid of, even after brushing your teeth. The best way to get rid of that, is to stop.
- Lastly visit the dentist. Our dental office can help you see if there are any other underlying/ more serious reasons behind your bad breath.
- Come in for your semi-annual cleaning. Plaque that only the dentist can get rid of can cause bad breathe, and you can't get that stuff off with just brushing!