How To Kick Sugar to The CurbAug 17 2020
Most of us have a hard time quitting or limiting eating sugar. I know I do! We do well for a little bit, then binge eat everything sweet in sight (guilty!). Now it takes a lot of self-control, but here are some tips to hopefully make it a little easier.
- Remember that cavities come from sugar. The more you eat, the more likely you are to get a cavity, and have to get those pesky filings.
- Try new foods. If you find something healthy that you actually like to eat, it’s a little easier to stay away from the sweets. Eat that instead!
- Along with that, if you are craving the treats, see if there are ways to substitute the sugar for other things like apple sauce or cut the sugar in half.
- Chew some gum. You can feel like you’re eating (kind of) and it might help curb those cravings.
- Eat in moderation- there is nothing wrong with having those treats, but make a schedule of “sugar days” or (if you’re more flexible) eat the treat in moderation and try to not make excuses to eat them everyday.
As always, visit the dentist often. We can give you more ideas and reasons to limit the sugar!Request Appointment