What Happens If You Don’t Brush Your Teeth Enough:Jun 29 2021
We’ve all been there. It’s late at night, and we fall asleep or forget to brush our teeth. Yes you would wake up with holes in your teeth. Just kidding! But seriously, what happens if you don’t brush your teeth? We will discuss how our health is altered in this blog post.
Some potential problems with skipping the brush include (but not limited to) are gingivitis, periodontitis, cavities, and more. These diseases and aliments weaken the teeth, gums, and can cause serious issues down the road if left untreated. If you want more information about them, check out our previous blog posts.
Did you know poor oral health (which can come from not brushing your teeth) can can cause heart disease? Mayo Clinic explains:
- Poor dental health increases the risk of a bacterial infection in the blood stream, which can affect the heart valves. Oral health may be particularly important if you have artificial heart valves.
- Tooth loss patterns are connected to coronary artery disease.
- There is a strong connection between diabetes and cardiovascular disease and evidence that people with diabetes benefit from periodontal treatment.
- One day of not brushing your teeth can bring a build up of plaque that can potentially damage your teeth.
- One week of not bushing your teeth can continue to weaken tooth enamel and give you really bad breath due to the plaque build up.
- One year of not brushing your teeth would likely give you gum disease and many cavities. So in all, brush your teeth!